Monday, 16 March 2009
The challenge on Gothic Arches this week is Mother and Child. I decided to use a photo of my son's old pony, with one of her foals. I used a lovely piece of background paper from Papermania behind the image. I then stamped one of my swirls stamps, and traced over them with black stickles. The edges were finished off with Adirondack acrylic dabber.
Tuesday, 10 March 2009
The challenge this week on Tag you're it this week is Wings. I used my butterfly stamp again which. I stamped it onto DCWV OUAT paper and highlighted areas of the butterfly with crystal lacquers. The background of the tag was coloured with Color box Brocade ink pads, and I added my painted flowers and finished the edge of the tag with Acrylic dabber.
Monday, 9 March 2009
This weeks challenge on Gothic Arches is Fantasy, so I have used my Pegasus stamp, on some hand made paper, which I have glittered with irridescent glitter. The background arch was made from burgundy card, which I covered with lace paper, edged with gold acrylic dabber, and sprinkled randomly with a mixture of green and gold glitter.
The challenge this week on Wednesday Stamper is to make a skinny, and the Tanda Teaser is Up in the Air, so I decided to combine the two, and made this skinny. I have used my swirl stamps in the background, highlighted with a white gel pen. I then added accent beads and acrylic dabbers. I then used my dragonfly stamp and some fantasy film and illusion card to make the dragonfly.
Sunday, 1 March 2009
Now this is definitely a bit outside the box! The theme for this weeks challenge on Step Outside Your Box Saturdays is eyes. Well I was looking through an old sketchbook, and found this picture that I had drawn about 30 years ago!!! I scanned it and tweaked the colouring and then mounted it on a card, which I finished off with peeloffs.
The Tanda Teaser Challenge this week is to encorporate a bird image into your work. I used my heron silhouette stamp onto a brayered background. I also used my barbed wire stamp down the edge of the card. I cut around the edge of the barbed wire and used a black pen to shadow the wire. I covered the inside of the card with some decorative paper, and used the same paper to mount the heron panel, along with some gold mirri card. The leaf was also cut from the same sheet of paper.