Tuesday, 24 June 2008
I have made another envelope, which I finished yesterday. I used some lovely paper from the Brenda Walton "Brookfield" range, and some lovely glittery butterfly border and corner stickers. I added the recipients name with Galaxy markers. For the Insert I also used some lovely 3d butterfly stickers, and then used my own design sunflower stamp, in 2 sizes, which I coloured with Aquatone sticks, and decoupaged.
Sunday, 22 June 2008
Wednesday, 18 June 2008
Now this isn't new, but I just rediscovered it yesterday and have hung it in my bedroom. Awhile ago I painted some animals on wooden plaques, for Christmas presents for family, had a problem with the varnish on this one, which has resolved itself over the intervening years. It is painted with acrylic paints..........not much more I can say really! LOL
Monday, 16 June 2008
At the request of one of my friends, I have been having another dabble with encaustic art. Not much I can say about them really.....they are designed to fit in a DL envelope, and are made using wax! Oh........and the Pegasus is one of my own design stamps.
Have been crafting again, and have made an envelope using the lovely blue awning papers and embellishments. I have added a print of one of my paintings, and some of my little painted flowers and some flat backed gems.
Friday, 13 June 2008
I'm still enjoying making canvasses, this one had the background coloured with aquatone sticks, and then I added the bulrush stems and leaves with marabou fineliners, which were "puffed up" with a heat gun, as were the clouds, for which I used liquid applique. I then added shadow on clouds and stems with brush pens.the edges of the canvas were distressed with ink pads. I stamped the dragonflies, using my own design stamps, on glitter and illusion card, from which I cut the bodies. The wings are made from fantasy film. These were attached with foam pads and dst, and the bodies were then coated with crystal laquers. The birds were added with brush pens, and the small dragonflies were stamped on the sides of the canvas.
This is a birhday card that I made, based on the Teddy Bears Picnic song........I used all my own teddies, hand drawn and rubber stamped, along with photographs of some soft toy teddies that I have made and some of my oil paintings.
This is the first canvas I ever made, and yes I know it is p**k, but it was for a friends birthday who likes the colour! (I believe therapy is available for this unfortnate condition!) Anyway, it is now her Birthday...........Happy Birthday Feefs.................. so I can now at last put it on my blog :) It's made in a similar way to the subsequent canvasses, so I won't bore you with the details again here :)
Friday, 6 June 2008
I am so loving these multi use dufex card blanks atm!!! Here is a dragonfly card that I made using one. I cut an oval to fit the oval already on the card, and using aquatone pencils drew some bulrushes, and birds. I added some clouds with white liquid applique. The dragonflies were made using my stamps, illusion film and crystal laquer. The wings were then made using fantasy film, and attached.
Thursday, 5 June 2008
Here is another canvas that I made for a very good friend of mine, made in a very similar way to my canvas, only this time I used my butterfly stamps, and fusible fibres/fantasy film, glitter and acetate to make the butterflies.
Wednesday, 4 June 2008
I had to make a birthday card for a friend who is rather talented in Thespian matters. I used an art mould and air dry clay, to make the theatrical masks, which I then gilded using easy metal. The masks are mounted on a circle of stampbordwhich I had embossed using cosmic shimmer embossing powder. I also gilded the edge of the stampbord, again using easy metal. I printed out a quote from "As you like it", tore it out, tinted it using a colorbox meatallic ink pad, and gilded the edge using an Adirondack gold dabber. This wa mounted on a blue pearl card blank, the corners of which I had decorated using a corner punch. I then edged the whole card with the gold dabber, and mounted the theatrial masks using silicone glue. The corners were then completed using gold peel offs.
Sunday, 1 June 2008
Well,....... I had a card order from a regular customer of mine, who is never anything if not specific in what he wants on a card!!! LOL Hopefully I've managed to include all the correct details in this painting that I did for the card.