Friday, 13 June 2008
I'm still enjoying making canvasses, this one had the background coloured with aquatone sticks, and then I added the bulrush stems and leaves with marabou fineliners, which were "puffed up" with a heat gun, as were the clouds, for which I used liquid applique. I then added shadow on clouds and stems with brush pens.the edges of the canvas were distressed with ink pads. I stamped the dragonflies, using my own design stamps, on glitter and illusion card, from which I cut the bodies. The wings are made from fantasy film. These were attached with foam pads and dst, and the bodies were then coated with crystal laquers. The birds were added with brush pens, and the small dragonflies were stamped on the sides of the canvas.