Saturday, 30 May 2009
Thursday, 28 May 2009
Jack-in-the-Box,......... obviously! I couldn't think of anything else to do for J so I drew this Jack-in-the-box. He is coloured in with various water soluble pencils/crayons. I drew a border with a gold Krylon and decorated the edge of the card with a punch and adhered a bit of gold embossed card on the inside of the card.
Saturday, 23 May 2009
Thursday, 21 May 2009
I had to make a "man" card today, don't we all hate making them! Anyway, I decided that I would try and make a card featuring a car that my guy used to own. I therefore drew and coloured the Jag. I coloured it using Aquatone sticks, and then to make it shimmer I added a bit of clear stardust Sakura gelly roll pen, and watercoloured it out across the whole car. I have again used one of the lovely Kanban distressed card blanks, and attached the car with 3D foam pads. The greeting was then handwritten using a silver Galaxy marker. (My biggest worry was that I had got the right model of car, apparently I did! :) )
Monday, 18 May 2009
I'm still using the pictures that I printed out of some of my pet portraits, and this card is about as simple as they get! I cut the picture out, and glued it to the card blank. I added copper coloured peel offs, and used a black marker pen to draw a shadow effect round the image to make it appear raised. (The orginal painting was done on wood, which is why the grain can be seen through the painting) The pony is Foldor Skylark, another one that I bred myself, and who is now showjumping locally and also doing very well apparently.
Thursday, 14 May 2009
Another print of a painting I did some while ago. This one is a watercolour and ink portrait of a horse that I bred a few years ago, when I was breeding horses. Her name is Foldor Zenna, and she now lives at a local riding school, and is doing very well showjumping at various shows during the summer months.
Another simple card today, this time using a print of one of my paintings. I matted the piccy on gold mirri card and attached it to the card blank using 3D pads. I then created the two side panels using gold peel offs, and drew the bulrushes in with a black pen. I finished it off by drawing a black shadow around the bottom and side of the panels.
Friday, 8 May 2009
Sunday, 3 May 2009
Friday, 1 May 2009
..................something completely different! This is a painting that I did one winter many years ago now, (way before we had blogs!), of the back of our house. It has been hanging in my MIL's sitting room, and it just occurred to me that it might make some nice Christmas cards!